Hardcover 12″x12″ (30cmx30cm)
216 full colour pages
Printed & Bound in Canada
Buffalo Airways – Home of Ice Pilots is an in depth photographic presentation of the “real life” at Buffalo Airways. Immerse yourself in the history of Buffalo Airways and its vintage aircraft. Ride along on some of Buffalo’s most exciting missions, such as battling the Yellowknife Landfill Fire with CL-215s or hauling 500,000 pounds of mining equipment with a C-46 and a DC-4 into a remote and rapidly melting ice strip. To complete your Buffalo experience, learn about your favourite Ice Pilots characters by exploring their biographies.
This high quality hardcover is filled with over 200 great images by twenty-one different photographers and is a must have for any Ice Pilots or vintage aircraft fan.
Available for purchase directly from the authors: PURCHASE NOW.
Also available as an E-Book on the iBookstore:
- Buffalo Airways – Home of Ice Pilots is stupendous with beautiful photos, readable text for both pilots and plain folks. Could not have been better!
Jack Kerr, St. Catharines, ON
- This is one of the most beautifully produced books I have ever owned. A treasure trove of pictures and narrative with some of the best air photography I have seen. An absolute “must own” for any pilot or anyone with an interest in the Canadian North and the people that fly airplanes and fight fires there.
Dr. Philip White
- This book was highly anticipated at the Fort Smith Tanker Base…and we were not disappointed when the shipment arrived! Thanks so much Dan and Lori, great work 🙂
Nancey Havenga, Yellowknife, NT
- Wow… what an incredible collection of photos and trivia about Buffalo Airways. I must say that I have a vested interest in the company my son works for but for someone who has but an inkling of interest in aviation, this is an absolutely fantastic book.
Derek Bottomley, Niagara on the Lake, ON
- Wow… the book just arrived today, and I’m blown away. Dan and Lori did an amazing job. The layout is fantastic, the photography is superb, and it is well written. I knew they would turn out something great, but this is so much more than what I had anticipated. Well done! Thanks for sending me a copy!
John Driftmier, Ottawa, ON
- We received your great masterpiece. It is great and the photographs are fabulous. We found the book very interesting. We knew it would be very well done but it is even more than expected.
Ken & Pat Kean, Kelowna, BC
- Amazing book… I can’t put it down. Dan & Lori did such a fantastic job!
Gord Cooling, Yellowknife, NT
- Wow… We just received our “Home of Ice Pilots” book and were we ever impressed with the great photos and interesting airplane history.
Jim & Britt McMichael, Kelowna, BC
The book is distributed by Heritage Distribution – www.hgdistribution.com